Outdoor Salute to Veterans Participant Application
Name of Applicant ____________________________________ Date _________________
Please understand that filling out this application does not guarantee you a trip with our organization. This application is NOT all that our board members use to determine your eligibility. Please feel free to include any information that you feel may be important for us to know or that may help influence a decision by the board.
Please answer the following questions:
1) As determined by the VA what percentage of disability have you been assigned?
2) We strive to provide a safe activity environment. Our question is; are you willing accept the possibility and responsibility of an accidental activity related injury?
3) How many, if any previous Veteran sponsored activities have you been on?
4) Do you have any Veteran sponsored activities lined up for this upcoming season? Please list.
5) Will you consent to a criminal background check?
6) Some activities are more physically demanding than others. Would you be willing to provide a copy of a physical or a letter from a licensed physician stating you are clear to participate in specific activities we may provide if we as a board feel the need to ask for such letter or physical?
7) Have you been told by any counselors, doctors, state or federal officials or ANYONE else that you should NOT carry a firearm?
8) How did you hear about our organization?
9) What type of activity interests you most?
10) Would you please explain any physical limitations? It is important for you to know we DO NOT use this to determine eligibility, we ask so that if selected for an activity we can properly prepare so that your experience may be memorable.
11) Please provide a synopsis of your past outdoor experiences?
12) What is your expected outcome of your activity experience if selected? Why are you interested? What are you willing to give back to your Comrades?
13) Is there anything else that you feel the Outdoor Salute to Veterans would like to know or that you would like to tell us?
14) Would you agree to a telephone interview with some members of the Board of Directors?
With this application please include the following:
Outdoor Salute to Veterans
P. O. Box 124
Jerome, ID 83338
We thank you for your service and sacrifices that you and your family have made on the behalf of us and our fine country!
Word of God, James Ch. 1 vs. 2-5
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so you may be complete and mature not lacking in anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.